Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie set to sue over split allegations
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have begun legal action against a British tabloid that reported the celebrity couple was going to split, a lawyer acting on their behalf confirmed last night
Keith Schillings, of London-based Schillings lawyers, said that the couple had begun legal proceedings against the News of The World.
He said the newspaper had made “false and intrusive allegations” when it reported on January 24 that Pitt and Jolie had agreed to separate, to divide assets worth £205m and had made arrangements regarding the custody of their six children.
“The News of the World has failed to meet our clients' reasonable demands for a retraction of and apology for these false and intrusive allegations, which have now been widely republished by mainstream news outlets,” Mr Schillings said.
He also said Sorrell Trope, a high-profile divorce lawyer in Los Angeles, had denied claims she had been in contact with the couple, as had been reported in the newspaper.