Former soap actor insists he is not a danger to society
Bruno Langley pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual assault and said he was horrified by what he had done.
Ex-Coronation Street star Bruno Langley has said the sexual assaults he carried out were “dreadful” but insisted he is not a danger to society.
Langley was given a 12-month community order at Manchester Magistrates’ Court last month for sexually molesting women in a club while drunk.
The 34-year-old pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual assault after admitting grabbing the crotch of his victims.
Langley, from Altrincham, Cheshire, left the ITV soap in the wake of the allegations following the assaults in the early hours of October 1, at the Band On The Wall music venue in Manchester.
Speaking to the Sunday Mirror, he said: “To treat women in the way I did is truly shocking. No one should be subjected to that.
“I was horrified when I heard what I’d done. My behaviour was dreadful.
“I’m so sorry for what has happened. I’ve been on a downward spiral for some time but only this made me realise it.”
Langley added: “Please be assured I am not a danger to society. There’s no chance of anything like this happening again.”
The former soap star was sentenced to a 12-month community order, including a 40 days rehabilitation activity, a 12-week, 7am to 7pm curfew order, ordered to pay £250 to each of his two
victims and must sign the Sex Offenders’ Register for the next five years.
Langley, the father of a 10-year-old boy, had played Todd Grimshaw in Coronation Street for more than a decade.