Oscar winner's Loughinisland massacre film to premiere at New York Film Festival
No Stone Unturned, a documentary focusing on the 1994 Loughinisland massacre, will premiere in New York next month.
Oscar winner Alex Gibney will debut the film at the New York Film Festival on September 30.
The film looks at the killing of six Catholic men after two UVF gunmen opened fire in a pub in the Co Down village as locals gathered to watch the Republic of Ireland's football team take on Italy in the 1994 World Cup.
Last year, a report from Police Ombudsman Dr Michael Maguire said collusion was a "significant feature" in the murders of Daniel McCreanor, Adrian Rogan, Malcolm Jenkinson, Patrick O'Hare, Eamon Byrne, and Barney Green.
It revealed that the murder squad responsible for the attack on the Heights Bar was involved in previous murders but had avoided arrest because the RUC's Special Branch had withheld information from detectives investigating the crimes.
No one has ever been convicted for the killings. Last June the Loughinisland families launched civil proceedings against the PSNI and MoD.
No Stone Unturned was set to be screened at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival, but had to withdraw due to "ongoing legal reasons".
Producer Trevor Birney of Fine Point Films told the Deadline Hollywood website: "We are bitterly disappointed that as a result of ongoing legal issues relating to the subject matter of the film, No Stone Unturned is not yet ready to be screened at Tribeca 2017.
"No one will feel this disappointment more than the families at the centre of the film, whose quest for justice has been both inspiring and unstinting these last 23 years.
"It is our deepest hope that these sensitive issues can be resolved as soon as possible so that we can share this important film with the world."
New York-based director Gibney won an the Best Documentary Oscar in 2008 for his film Taxi to the Dark Side, which examined the US military's use of torture in Iraq.
Belfast Telegraph Digital