Belfast Telegraph

Star Wars auditions rearranged

Star Wars bosses are having to re-organise open auditions for the new movie due to the "overwhelming response" from young wannabes.

Filmmakers are holding casting sessions across the UK and Ireland to fill two roles in director JJ Abrams' Episode VII and so far thousands of hopefuls have turned up.

It has now been announced that auditions in Glasgow have been postponed until November 30 and December 1 until a bigger venue is found.

A message on the Twitter account @UKopencall said: "Due to the overwhelming response at recent sessions the casting team is in the process of searching for a larger venue that can best accommodate projected attendance numbers."

It went on: "We thank you for your patience and we appreciate your enthusiasm during this exciting time... and to the hopefuls, May the Force be with you!"

Filmmakers are looking for two actors for the movie.

The first character is a female, aged around 17 or 18, who must be "beautiful, smart and athletic". She is said to have been young when she lost her parents and has become "street smart and strong" from having to make her own way in life. The male character is described as being between 19 and 23 and must be "handsome, smart and athletic". The announcement says he "doesn't have the strongest sense of himself" after growing up without a father figure.

Producers are also allowing hopefuls who are unable to make an audition to submit a video application for the parts of the two characters, who are named Rachel and Thomas.

Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are expected to return in Episode VII, with Benedict Cumberbatch, Alex Pettyfer and Michael B Jordan also among those rumoured to have roles.

The film is due to be released in 2015.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph