CHSq 2017: 7 things you might not know about Bangor singer Foy Vance
Known for his amazing music and being Ed Sheeran's mate, Foy Vance is set to perform his biggest ever gig at Belfast's Custom House Square this weekend.
The Bangor star will take to the stage to perform songs from his critically acclaimed albums, with support from Amy Macdonald, David C Clements, and Portaferry singer Ryan McMullan.
Ahead of what will no doubt be a memorable concert for Foy and his fans, take a look at these random facts about the local star.
- He has supported some of the world's biggest music stars on their worldwide tours, including Ed Sheeran, Sir Elton John, Snow Patrol, and Josh Groban.
- Two of his songs have been featured in the hit US medical drama Grey's Anatomy. 'Gabriel & the Vagabond' and 'Homebird' were heard in series two.
- The singer was born in Bangor Co. Down, but he spent some years of his childhood living in Oklahoma, USA with his father.
- Foy was the very first winner of the Northern Ireland music prize in 2013. Subsequent winners have included Derry singer SOAK and Robyn G Shiels.
- Heavily influenced by the music of America's south, Foy has collaborated with many US country music stars during his career. This includes singer Miranda Lambert, for which he co-wrote her 2016 song 'Pushin' Time'.
- Foy appeared on Star In Their Eyes in 1994 as Andrew Strong from The Commitments.
- Elton John is credited as the executive producer of his 2016 album The Wild Swan.
Foy Vance and guests will perform at Custom House Square, Belfast on Saturday, August 19.
Belfast Telegraph Digital