Q&A: 10 questions for... DJ Yotto ahead of Belfast gig
Yotto will be part of a huge line-up this weekend as Shine takes over the old Belfast Telegraph building.
The Finnish DJ will share the stage with an impressive list of names, including Kölsch, Artwork, Andrew Hill, Schmutz & Daire.
Ahead of the gig on Saturday, April 28, Yotto indulged the Belfast Telegraph in a quick Q&A.
1. What are you most looking forward to about your Belfast show?
It's my first time ever in Belfast! I hear the crowd is crazy here, so I’m very much looking forward to that. A great soundsystem does not hurt either.
2. What is the best thing about your job?
It’s not a job, I feel like it’s some type of fraud to call something you love your job.
When traveling, it’s obviously the people and locations. When home, it’s usually the unlimited time I’m able to spend having breakfast.
3. What's the best gig you have ever been to?
Tough, but I must say M83 playing a small club in Helsinki.
4. Which of your own gigs have been the most memorable?
Out of all the recent ones, I loved playing at the beautiful Sidney Myer Music Bowl in Melbourne, and sunset at The Gorge Amphitheater in Washington State.
There is something very special about starting in the last minutes of daylight, and finishing the show in the dark.
5. What's the craziest/weirdest thing a fan has ever said/done?
Marry me - I think that’s slightly irresponsible, as we don’t really know each other.
Also kissing my hand when I’m DJing, there’s something strange about that.
6. What song is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Hahaha, there are so many... Inner Smile by Texas.
7. Who would you not mind getting stuck in a lift with for 10 hours?
8. Who would you definitely mind getting stuck in a lift with for 10 hours?
9. What is your karaoke song of choice?
Dreams by Fleetwood Mac.
10. What words of wisdom would you bestow on the next generation?
Make friends and save the planet, please.
Belfast Telegraph Digital