Q&A: 9 questions for Belfast band Emerald Armada
Emerald Armada are set to perform a St Patrick's Day gig at the Limelight in Belfast this weekend.
The four-piece will take to the stage on March 17 and have answered a series of quickfire questions for us ahead of the gig.
1. What's the best and worst thing that's ever happened to you on stage?
The Best thing is always when the crowd signs back your songs. You just cant beat that feeling... come on.
I wrote that in my bedroom and now a bunch of strangers are singing it. Amazing!
Worst thing has to be between being electrocuted or getting a killer leg cramp right in the middle of a 5000 capacity show.
2. Who is your music idol and have you ever met them?
It would have to be Richard Thompson.
Everything about his music speaks to me, his style, his voice and his lyrics have a realness to them that it’s hard not to relate to. I haven’t met him yet, but we are both Lowden guitar players, so maybe one day.
3. Can your music be described in one word?
4. Can your music be described in five words?
Dance until your feet hurt!
5. What can the Belfast audience expect from your upcoming show?
We put so much effort into making sure the audience experience is like nothing you’ve ever seen at a show before.
It’s not just a gig, we have a mini-market, we have curated the entire space to lock you into a festive and fun atmosphere and not to brag, but we put on a killer live performance.
6. What song is your biggest guilty pleasure?
I love Timber by Pitbull and Kesha ... no idea why, it just gets me.
7. Do you know what an Ulster Fry is?
8. Who would you love to perform a duet with?
Bruno Mars and Eddie Vedder at the same time ... because why not.
9. If you had to listen to one song on repeat for 24 hours, what would it be?
It would be Diamonds on the Souls of Her Shoes by Paul Simon.
It’s the most perfect song ever to be written.
Belfast Telegraph Digital