Q&A: 9 quickfire questions for… Irish trio Wyvern Lingo
Wicklow band Wyvern Lingo are set to perform in Belfast next week – and ahead of the gig have been speaking about their excitement of sampling an Ulster Fry and what fans can expect during the show.
Karen Cowley, Caoimhe Barry and Saoirse Duane will perform at Mc Hughs Basement Bar in the city on Thursday, March 1.
1. What's the best and worst thing that's ever happened to you on stage?
Worst: We once played a support slot in Shepard's bush empire, and the guitar tech handed Saoirse an out of tune guitar.
Caoimhe was so shocked by the sound she dropped a drum stick. That was years ago and we now know how to deal with those kinds of situations on stage but holy moly wasn't that a learning curve.
Best: Hearing the crowd drown us out singing 'I Love You Sadie' at our single launch last august. That was insane.
2. Who is your music idol and have you ever met them?
Freddie Mercury. No unfortunately I was born just two months before he died, but I know we would have been great friends, given the chance.
3. Can your music be described in one word?
4. Can your music be described in five words?
Alt-pop influenced (by) pop (and) RnB.
5. What can the Belfast audience expect from your upcoming show?
We put everything into our shows. Touring is the best part of this whole thing for us, it's the payoff after months of recording and planning.
At the end of the day we're a live band. People can expect a dynamic show.
6. What song is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Be My Baby by Ariana Grande.
7. Do you know what an Ulster Fry is?
Our sound engineer is from Belfast and he has informed us as to the contents of an Ulster Fry. It sounds delish and we will hopefully get to try one when we're there for the show.
8. Who would you love to perform a duet with?
Karen: Paul Simon
Caoimhe: Princess Nokia
9. If you had to listen to one song on repeat for 24 hours, what would it be?
Since I've been Loving You by Led Zeppelin.
Belfast Telegraph Digital