Q&A: Singer Loop talks Belfast Vital and performing on same bill as Martin Garrix
Star in the making Loop is set to perform at Belfast Vital this summer alongside music heavyweights Martin Garrix, Zara Larsson, and Steve Angello.
With her single Give 'n' Take out now, the Brixton singer is excited about performing in front of the massive crowd at the Boucher Road Playing Fields on Saturday, August 25.
Ahead of the huge outdoor gig, Loop indulged the Belfast Telegraph in a quick Q&A:
1. What are you most looking forward to about Belfast Vital?
I’m just so excited to be part of such an amazing lineup. And to be playing in my biggest venue yet!
It’s gonna be a lot of fun.
2. Have you ever performed in Belfast before and what do you know about the music scene here?
Never! I’ve never been to Belfast before so can’t say I’ve experienced any of the music scene personally yet but I’m very excited to.
And anywhere that can produce a man like Van Morrison is a place I wanna be.
3. Martin Garrix performed a massive show in Belfast last year - are you excited to be part of the line-up this year?
So excited! Like I said, it’s such a talented group of artists, I’m buzzing to be a part of it.
4. What is the best thing about what you do?
Think I’d have to say gigging.
It’s nerve-racking as hell a lot of the time but the minute you’re on stage the buzz is just like nothing else.
And when the audience are singing your lyrics back to you... that’s next level. Biggest adrenaline rush ever.
5. What was the best gig you have ever been to?
Bruno Mars last year was phenomenal. He’s such a showman. I also loved Sting and Paul Simon the year before that. But probably my fav ever was when I went to see Justin Timberlake when I was younger. I cried I was so in love with him.
6. Which of your own gigs have been the most memorable and why?
Probably my first headline show which was in January.
It sold out a couple weeks before which I didn’t expect to happen and the whole atmosphere on the night was just amazing. I felt very lucky and very proud of myself.
7. What song is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Jojo - Leave (Get Out). The ad libs are my fav.
8. Who would you not mind getting stuck in a lift with for ten hours?
Tom Hardy. Leonardo Dicaprio. Justin Timberlake. Ryan Reynolds. Rihanna.
9. Who would you definitely mind getting stuck in a lift with for 10 hours?
10. What is your karaoke song of choice?
2 become 1 by The Spice Girls.
11. What words of wisdom would you bestow on the next generation?
What’s bad for your heart is good for your art.
Belfast Telegraph Digital