Belfast Telegraph

Tulisa announces X Factor exit

Tulisa Contostavlos has confirmed she will not be returning as a judge to The X Factor this year.

The former ITV contest judge and N-Dubz singer tweeted an official announcement that her time on the show was over.

She wrote: "Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be part of the X Factor panel this year. I've had a great time on the show, but this year it's time to do something different.

"I'd like to thank everyone on The X Factor for two amazing years. Stay tuned as I have a very exciting announcement soon!"

The 24-year-old star sat on the judging panel for two years, winning in 2011 with girl group Little Mix who she had mentored.

Rumoured names who could be in the running to join Louis Walsh and Gary Barlow on The X Factor this year include former judges Nicole Scherzinger and Sharon Osbourne and ex Spice Girl Mel B.

Tulisa's comments came as Louis hinted that X Factor contestants this year will have a much tougher ride.

The ITV show judge, who will be back for his 10th series this year, told TV Now about the shake ups in the programme's format that could make things more difficult for hopefuls.

He said: "I think it's going to be a different show. It's going to be fresher. We're all going to work much harder."

Last year X Factor regularly lost out in the ratings war to BBC Saturday night rival Strictly Come Dancing, but Louis said he wasn't worried about the show's future.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph