Christmas choirs to spread cheer and goodwill in Belfast for Autism NI
School choirs from across Northern Ireland will take to CastleCourt’s front foyer this December to sing Christmas carols and festive songs in aid of Autism NI.
From 5-19 December, 15 schools will perform their very best and merriest Christmas carols and songs to entertain shoppers and raise much needed funds the shopping venue's 2017-2018 charity partner.
Last year’s primary school singers raised over £5,000 for the charity and with schools returning to sing again this year, CastleCourt and Autism NI hope to beat last year’s incredible efforts.
Launching the Christmas charity initiative, St John the Baptist primary school choir were the first choir to sing at the shopping centre and kickstarted the appeal.
Paul McMahon, CastleCourt’s Centre Director, said: “Christmas is the season of giving and we are delighted to see so many fantastic choirs from across Northern Ireland come together to help us give back to Autism NI.
"The children truly bring the spirit of Christmas to CastleCourt with their singing and we look forward to welcoming them back this December.
“Our partnership with Autism NI began in 2016, with the aim to raise both awareness and funds for the charity; it’s great to have them on board for a second-year and see what we can achieve together over the year.”
Sarah-Jayne Cassells, Autism NI Corporate Fundraising Manager, added: “We have been blown away by the generosity of the CastleCourt shoppers since we became the Charity of the Year for the centre.
"It’s the perfect platform for the charity to highlight what we do to the local community."
Full list of schools set to sing in CastleCourt:
- St Malachys Primary School Kilclief - 11am-12noon
- Black Mountain Primary School - 11.30am-12noon
- Currie Primary School - 11am-12noon
- Knockbreda Primary School - 11am-12noon
- Belvoir Primary School - 10.15am - 11am
- Glastry College, Strangford Integrated College & St Columba's College - 11am-12noon
- Holywood Primary School - 2pm-2.45pm
- St Patrick's High School, Keady - 11am-12noon
- St Pauls High School, Bessbrook - 12.30pm-1.30pm
- Rosetta Primary School - 10.30am-11.30am
- St Ita's Primary School - 10.30am-11.30am
- Donegall Road Primary School - 11.30am-12.30pm
- Dundonald High School - 1pm-2pm
- St John The Baptist Primary School - 10am-11am
- Sacred Heart Boys' Primary School - 11am-12noon
Belfast Telegraph Digital