Cowell tops entertainment pay table
Simon Cowell has been named the top-earning entertainment personality in the US - taking almost £60 million in just one year.
Forbes puts The X Factor judge, 55, at the top of the list of big-earners for estimated earnings for the 12 months to June 2014.
The publisher said that the TV and music mogul's millions came from his X Factor and Got Talent earnings around the globe, as well as chart-toppers One Direction.
Shock jock Howard Stern, who is also a judge on America's Got Talent, took joint first place with Cowell at the top of the list.
The top 10 also featured foul-mouthed British chef Gordon Ramsay, who continues to enjoy huge success in the US, in ninth place with £29 million (47 million dollars).
Forbes talked to agents, managers and lawyers to come up with estimates for entertainment-related earnings for each celebrity.
Oprah Winfrey was fourth with £51 million (82 million dollars), while chat show host Ellen DeGeneres was sixth with £44 million (70 million dollars).
The top 10 also featured US right-wing TV host Glenn Beck, Dr Phil host Phil McGraw, US entertainer Rush Limbaugh, US TV host Ryan Seacrest and Judge Judy star Judge Judy Sheindlin.
US Entertainment's Top-Earning Personalities
1. Simon Cowell - £59 million (95 million dollars)
2. Howard Stern - £59 million (95 million dollars)
3. Glenn Beck - £56 million (90 million dollars)
4. Oprah Winfrey - £51 million (82 million dollars)
5. Phil McGraw - £48 (77 million dollars)
6. Ellen DeGeneres - £44 million (70 million dollars)
7. Rush Limbaugh - £41 million (66 million dollars)
8. Ryan Seacrest - £40.6 million (65 million dollars)
9. Gordon Ramsay - £29 million (47 million dollars)
10. Judge Judy Sheindlin - £29 million (47 million dollars)