Dad-to-be Simon Cowell 'the other man' in divorce row involving US socialite Lauren Silverman
Simon Cowell could be called to court in divorce hearings for the New York socialite Lauren Silverman, who is reported to be having his baby, said US media reports.
Papers lodged at the New York Supreme Court show that her husband, Andrew, is the plaintiff in a case in which she is named as the defendant, although they remain sealed as it's a 'matrimonial' case.
But the New York Post said Mr Silverman, a property magnate, had taken "the highly unusual step of embarrassing Cowell personally by naming him as a co-respondent in divorce papers".
It also reported he had filed for divorce based on his wife's adultery despite New York state allowing no-fault divorces, which means Cowell – estimated to be worth £200m – could be called to give evidence.
A source told the New York Post: "She's a total gold digger. The pregnancy was by design."
The X Factor boss has not commented on the story so far but his mother is reported to be "delighted" about the news that the music mogul is to become a father for the first time.
Julie Cowell told The Sun: "I'm delighted. It's wonderful!"
But Andrew's brother Alexander Silverman told the New York Post: "It is an unbelievable story of betrayal. It is a sad story and a tragic story."
According to the newspaper, Cowell (53) fell for 36-year-old Mrs Silverman after her marriage hit the rocks.
Meanwhile, Mail Online has published photographs of Cowell and Mrs Silverman on a Caribbean holiday in January last year.
Mr Silverman was also on the holiday and the trio are pictured relaxing on a luxury yacht.
Britain's Got Talent judge David Walliams tweeted about the news, saying: "Oh yeah, and Simon Cowell is doing a baby with a lady."
He added: "For the record Simon Cowell and I tried to have a baby together for many years. But I just couldn't get pregnant."
Cowell's friend, former pop star Sinitta, tweeted more cryptically: "Something has just happened... half miracle, half nightmare! Wake me up I want to get off!"
So who exactly is Lauren Silverman?
* She's a well known socialite in New York, regularly photographed at Manhattan's benefits and galas
* She is technically still married to her husband, real estate agent Andrew. They've been estranged for months
* She is mother to Adam (7) with Andrew
* She is a friend of designer Rachel Roy (right)
* She first met Simon Cowell through her husband seven years ago – the couple have previously holidayed with the music mogul.
* She attended the launch of Cowell's autobiography, Sweet Revenge: The Intimate Life Of Simon Cowell, in April 2012
* Her current husband had a pre-nup written into their marriage agreement which prevents her taking half his assets if he can prove infidelity
* Silverman knows several of Cowell's exes, including his ex-fiancée Mezhgan Hussainy
* She is 36 years old, 17 years younger than Simon Cowell
* She smokes