Davidson re-bailed in abuse probe
Jim Davidson has been re-bailed until October over allegations of sexual offences, his solicitor said.
The 59-year-old comedian, who has consistently denied the claims, was re-bailed along with a second man, aged 53, who was also re-bailed until the autumn. They were both held on January 2 by detectives from Operation Yewtree, the national investigation prompted following the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal.
Davidson is facing allegations from a number of women, one of which dates back 35 years, and has previously said that all the alleged victims were adults at the time of the claims.
His solicitor, Henri Brandman, said: "Jim continues to vigorously deny the allegations and has helped the police as fully as possible in their inquiries. He has not, of course, been charged with any offence."
A total of 13 people have been arrested under Operation Yewtree. Three have been told they will face no further action, two have been charged and the remainder are on police bail.
PR guru Max Clifford and former driver David Smith have been charged in separate court cases.
Smith, 66, from Lewisham in south-east London, is accused of two counts of indecent assault, two of gross indecency and one of buggery in 1984 and is next due to appear at Southwark Crown Court on July 12.
Clifford, 70, from Hersham in Surrey, faces 11 counts relating to seven alleged victims, aged from 14 to 19, between 1966 and 1985, which he denies. He is due to face trial next year.
Former BBC producers Wilfred De'ath and Ted Beston have both been told they will face no further action, as has a 65-year-old man who was arrested in south London in February.
Those who remain on police bail include former pop star Gary Glitter, comedian Freddie Starr and TV presenter Rolf Harris.