Inquest date now set for Cranberries star Dolores
The inquest into the death of Cranberries frontwoman Dolores O'Riordan is due to take place in September, nine months after her sudden passing.
The international star from Co Limerick was found dead in her hotel room at the Hilton in Park Lane, London on the morning of January 15.
An inquest was originally due to begin four days later, but was postponed until April 3 while the Coroner awaited medical test results. However, without explanation, the hearing was removed from the schedule with no new date set.
It can now be revealed that the inquest will take place at Westminster Coroner's Court on Thursday, September 6. It will fall on what would have been Ms O'Riordan's 47th birthday.
A spokesperson from the coroner's office said that her family have been informed of its findings.
"The family have been updated with all the information we have, but the inquest itself will be the place where information on her death will become available to the public domain."
The Metropolitan Police said in January that they were not treating the Cranberries icon's death as suspicious.
Dolores is survived by her three children, Taylor (20), Molly, (16) and Dakota (12).
She had been in London to record a cover of the chart-topping hit Zombie with the hard rock band Bad Wolves and had sounded "full of life" in a voicemail recorded just hours before her death, according to her friend and music producer Dan Waite.