Jeremy Clarkson will face no further police action over his attack on a Top Gear producer at a hotel, North Yorkshire Police has said.
The force said it had "completed its routine inquiries" in to the incident and would "not be pursuing this matter any further".
It said: "Now that all the interviews are complete, we have properly established that there is no need for further police action."
Oisin Tymon, the producer attacked by Clarkson, said last week that he would not press charges against his former colleague.
Mr Tymon had his lip split in a 30-second-long 'fracas' on March 4 and had to take himself to hospital. He was also shouted at by the former Top Gear presenter in a torrent of verbal abuse.
Clarkson reported the incident to the BBC five days later and was suspended by the broadcaster on March 10 before it announced his contract would not be renewed.
BBC director-general Tony Hall said "a line has been crossed'' and that "there cannot be one rule for one and one rule for another''.
Clarkson will appear on stage at Belfast's Odyssey Arena with his former Top Gear colleagues, Richard Hammond and James May, from May 22-24. The gigs have been stripped of all BBC branding, and are billed as Clarkson, Hammond and May Live.