| 19.4°C Belfast

Lil Wayne released from the hospital - report

The rapper has reportedly been ordered to rest for two weeks.

Rapper Lil Wayne has reportedly been released from the hospital after suffering multiple seizures in his hotel room over the weekend (02-03Sep17).

The 34-year-old star was taken to Northwestern Memorial hospital in Chicago, Illinois after friends found him unconscious in his suite at the Westin Hotel on Sunday afternoon (03Sep17). According to TMZ.com, Wayne suffered at least one seizure and suffered another in the hospital.

He had been due to perform at Drai's Beachclub in Las Vegas on Sunday night, alongside Rae Sremmurd, but doctors reportedly advised against releasing the rapper because he had suffered from seizures while flying before and they felt getting on the plane to go to the gig would be too risky.

The show was subsequently cancelled.

The Lollipop hitmaker has not commented on his condition, but his daughter Reginae Carter has assured fans he is doing fine and now sources tell TMZ he has been released from the hospital.

Doctors have reportedly ordered him to rest for two weeks, advising his seizures were caused by his busy schedule and lack of sleep. He will reportedly resume his tour on 23 September (17).

Daily Headlines & Evening Telegraph Newsletter

Receive today's headlines directly to your inbox every morning and evening, with our free daily newsletter.

This field is required

The rapper went public with his epilepsy diagnosis in 2013, after suffering a near-fatal seizure, which reportedly prompted doctors to place him in a medically-induced coma at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. He was also hospitalised for a pair of dramatic mid-flight health scares in October, 2012.

Speaking to MTV News at the time of his health revelation, he claimed his seizures come with "no warning, no nothing," adding, "I don't feel sick."

"I go to sleep and wake up in the hospital," he said. "I don't feel anything. I just hope it stops happening."

Top Videos