Belfast Telegraph

Lohan 'wants to end theft case'

A source close to Lindsay Lohan says the actress wants to end a misdemeanour theft case filed after a jewellery store reported the actress took a necklace without permission.

The source, who is familiar with the case but was not authorised to speak publicly about it, says Lohan is prepared to enter a "no contest" plea.

No contest pleas are not an admission of guilt but in many courts have the same effect as a guilty plea.

Prosecutors in February charged the Mean Girls star with felony grand theft of the 2,500 dollar necklace, but a judge last week reduced the charge to a misdemeanour.

No court date has been set for Lohan to enter the plea. She is due back in court May 11 for a pre-trial hearing.

The potential plea was first reported by celebrity website TMZ.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph