Louis Walsh hints at X Factor exit
Louis Walsh has suggested that he will bow out of The X Factor after 10 years because he does not want to turn into Sir Bruce Forsyth.
Louis, 60, returns to the ninth series of the ITV1 show on Saturday with fellow judges Tulisa Contostavlos, Gary Barlow and Nicole Scherzinger and admitted that the UK X Factor had suffered without Simon Cowell.
He told the Radio Times: "This is my ninth year and every year I get nervous that Simon will bring someone new in, but I know the show and what works.
"My ambition is to get to 10 years on the show - after that we'll see. I don't want to be like Brucie on Strictly. I will know when it's time to give it up."
Louis has been in a war of words with TV rival Sir Bruce, saying the 84-year-old "shouldn't even be alive at his age", while the Strictly Come Dancing presenter branded him "a jumped-up karaoke judge".
The Irish judge admitted of the X Factor: "The show has suffered without Simon - it's like the Rolling Stones without Mick Jagger.
"But we are doing the best we can, although I miss him being there a lot. We are like Steptoe and Son. He may have a go at me quite a lot, but that is just what he is like. He is the best."
Louis said that even without Simon, the current judging panel would do a great job, adding that Tulisa and Gary were "stronger" in their second series.
He said of Tulisa, who won last year with Little Mix: "She is a bit rough round the edges and when they announced she was on the panel I was expecting a chav in a tracksuit - which is what we got - but she's a lot of fun. She thinks she's a bigger star than she actually is though."