Mel B spoke of having a "big row" with her husband in an interview published today (December 16), as reports suggested that she had left him.
The 39-year-old X Factor judge is said to have walked out on film producer Stephen Belafonte following a series of arguments which took place before she was rushed to hospital at the end of last week.
The pair, who secretly wed in Las Vegas in 2007 after a whirlwind romance, have not seen spoken since the former Spice Girl was admitted to hospital, according to the Sun, but they could reconcile.
Yesterday (December 15), the film producer publicly denied hitting his wife after her return to The X Factor sparked speculation about the cause of her mystery illness.
Mel gave some insight into her private life when she spoke, in an interview with Grazia magazine published today, about the couple having a big argument.
The magazine said the X Factor judge arrived three hours late and was "not in the best of moods" for its shoot, which had been months in the making.
But she later blamed her bleak mood on a row with her husband.
"I walked in p***ed off because I had a big row with my husband about stupid stuff," she told the magazine's Christmas issue. "Sometimes he p***es me off like no other, but," she added, "he gets me."
A source was quoted as telling the Sun: "Last week everything escalated and there were a number of very big rows before Mel ended up in hospital.
"Her stress levels are very high and most of her good friends and colleagues were encouraging her to take time out from Stephen.
"That's now what she's doing but the question is for how long?"
A spokesman for the star refused to comment on her private life.
According to the Daily Mirror, Mel has been "convalescing" at a secret location following her hospital stay instead of returning to the London home that the couple, who are normally based in Los Angeles, have been renting.
Mel did not wear her wedding ring when she returned to the X Factor on Sunday, after missing Saturday's show.
Mel's chauffeur is reported to have driven her to hospital after the former singer suffered agonising stomach pains on her way to the programme's rehearsals.
Mel also told Grazia that the ups and downs she had experienced in life had made her a "stronger person".
Asked where the family would be spending Christmas this year, the mother-of-three said: "My husband likes to surprise me."
She added that he would be doing the cooking because "he's like a gourmet chef".
Mel, who had a paternity dispute with Eddie Murphy and split with her first husband Jimmy Gulzar, has previously said of Mr Belafonte's proposal - when he hid an engagement ring in her drink: ''I took one big, deep breath and said 'Yes'.
As well as going, 'Thank you, God! Don't let me down. Not for the third time'.''
:: Grazia's Christmas issue is on sale today.