Belfast Telegraph

Ruth Langsford in hot water as she reveals Strictly results before broadcast

Ruth Langsford made quite a big mistake on Saturday when she revealed she had made it through to the next week on Strictly Come Dancing, before the results had aired on TV.

The This Morning host, who is married to Belfast presenter Eamonn Holmes, posted a video on Facebook thanking fans for voting for her and partner Anton Du Beke.

"Just wanted to say, thank you, thank you, thank you so much for voting to keep me in Strictly Come Dancing," she said.

"I’m just having the best time. And that tango tonight, I just loved it. And I did the worst dress rehearsal you could imagine as if I didn’t know the dance.

‘So I just thought I cannot go out and do that to him (Anton) tonight, it’s just not on. So I pulled my socks up and went for it, and fortunately, it paid off, but that’s thanks to you as well!"

She also wrote on Twitter: 'We're through to next week.. Yaaaaay! Thank you so much x x'

The Strictly results show is recorded on Saturday and aired on Sunday, with the outcome embargoed until the broadcast.

2017-10-16_ent_35451011_I2.png
Anton Du Beke and Ruth Langsford

Langsford, 57, quickly realised her mistake and deleted the social media posts, but fans were already annoyed she had ruined the surprise.

"Hey Ruth? Don't think you're meant to tell us until tomorrow #strictly #StrictlyComeDancing," one user wrote on Twitter.

Another said: "Oh @RuthieeL you're going to get in trouble for this... congrats though, while one added: "No need to watch the results show on a Sunday if the celebrities are going to tell the public on a Saturday."

One Strictly fan was very much not happy, writing: "This item should NOT be on social media it has spoiled the program for tonight surely the stars should have a ban on going public is ridiculous and I am not impressed, Ruth!"

This is not the first time celebrities have mistakenly let slip the Strictly results.

Last week Debbie Magee revealed Reverend Richard Coles has been voted out of the show ten hours ahead of the embargo.

During her radio show, the 58-year-old said that she was "very sad" to see the Reverend go, before realising her mistake and trying to cover her tracks.

She said: "He fell over at one point and had to be treated and everything else, so now we're waiting to see what's going to happen in the results show tonight."

It was later revealed Reverend Coles had indeed left the competititon.

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph