Sir Lenny Henry and Mo Farah among top 10 most influential black Britons
Comedian Sir Lenny Henry, double Olympic champion Mo Farah and film director Steve McQueen have been named among the most influential black Britons.
The trio, along with Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton, were voted into the top 10 of the Powerlist, the annual list of the 100 most powerful people of African and Caribbean heritage in Britain, which this year celebrates its 10th anniversary.
But they were pipped to the top spot by cyber security expert, philanthropist and educator Tom Ilube.
The awards honour men and women from diverse industries including science, technology and the arts, and the winners will be recognised at an event at Goldsmith's Hall on Tuesday.
Mr Ilube, 53, from Richmond, west London, was a founder of internet bank Egg, set up credit rating organisation noddle.co.uk and is chief executive of technology company Crossword Cybersecurity.
He also founded technology school Hammersmith Academy in 2011, is the chairman of ADA College, a specialist computing college, and set up the charity Africa Gifted Foundation to help transform the lives of children on the continent.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said: " It's vitally important that we continue to tell these stories of successful people from our black communities. By doing so, we can inspire the next generation to push through barriers, go after their dreams and reach for the top."
The Powerlist 2016 top 10 are:
1. Tom Ilube - founder of Crosssword Cybersecurity, Africa Gifted Foundation;
2. Ric Lewis - founder, chief executive and chairman, Tristan Capital Partners;
3. Arlene Isaacs-Lowe - managing director, head of relationship management for Europe, the Middle East and Africa at Moody's;
4. Sir Lenny Henry - actor, writer and campaigner;
5. Mo Farah - Olympic champion long-distance runner;
6. Lewis Hamilton - Formula One world champion;
7. Ismail Ahmed - founder and chief executive, WorldRemit;
8. Dr Shirley Thompson - composer;
9. Sharon White - chief executive, Ofcom;
10. Steve McQueen - film director.