Ten fun-filled outings in Northern Ireland
We pick ten fun-filled outings for your Easter weekend in Northern Ireland.
1. Easter Eggspress Steam Train, Belfast to Whitehead. Easter Monday and Tuesday. All aboard the Easter Eggspress steaming to Whitehead from Belfast Central. Fun for all the family, plus Easter eggs for kids. All tickets £13.
2. Belfast Egg Hunt: The Belfast City Centre Improvement District has hatched an eggs-sellent plan to give families the opportunity to win £500 worth of prizes, with the launch of the Belfast City Centre Egg Hunt. Running until Tuesday, the city has been adorned with 10 giant eggs nestled in shops, hotels and restaurants throughout the city centre. Families are invited to hunt them all down for a chance of a £500 prize.
3. Tommy Tiernan Comedy Night, Newcastle, Slieve Donard Resort & Spa, Saturday, April 22. Promises to be a night of fun and loads of laughter. 8.30pm, over 18s only, £25.
4. Multicultural Festival, Omagh. Easter Monday. Big Family Picnic at An Creagán. A fun-filled day out in the great outdoors. 12-4pm, £3, children under 1 free.
5. Nature Walk and Yoga, Craigavon. Saturday April 22. Take a guided tour of the RSPB's Portmore Lough nature reserve, with highlights including spectacular views over the lough. Bring suitable clothing and footwear. 2-4pm. £10, RSPB members £6.
6. Easter at Carrowmena, Limavady. Easter Sunday to Wednesday. Easter egg canoe hunt and glamping trail. Call 02877 763431 for more information.
7. Showing Off, Derry/Londonderry. Tuesday-Saturday until May 20. VOID Gallery presents a programme of documentary, experimental and dramatic works in association with Women Make Movies (WMM) New York.
8. Cadbury Easter Egg Hunts, Fermanagh. Bunny's left little clues all over Fermanagh for you to solve and pick up your chocolate Cadbury prize. Castle Coole, Florence Court and Crom from tomorrow until Tuesday, from 11am daily. £1.
9. Bushmills Food Tour. April 21-22. Taste local bread, goat bacon, and smoked salmon. And soothe your palate with a glass of Bushmills 12-year-old whiskey. £40pp.
10. National Museums Northern Ireland have Easter events running from Sunday until Tuesday at its three museums - Ulster Museum (Belfast), Ulster Folk & Transport Museum (Cultra, Holywood) and Ulster American Folk Park (Omagh).
- Fun includes egg trails and hunts, egg rolling, Punch & Judy, magic shows and more.
- For more details visit www.nmni.com