Tulisa in assault verdict appeal
A celebrity blogger who was assaulted by former X Factor judge Tulisa Contostavlos at a music festival has said he had no interest in the hit ITV programme.
Tulisa is appealing against her conviction for hitting Savvas Morgan during an altercation at V Festival in Chelmsford.
She said at the trial that Mr Morgan had a "strange obsession" with her.
She told the court that he had conducted a ''vendetta'' against her since an incident in which she asked security to remove him from a VIP area at the Whisky Mist nightclub in London's Mayfair.
The former N-Dubz singer also outlined her suspicions that he was involved in the release of a sex tape of her online.
Today, at the appeal hearing at London's Snaresbrook Crown Court, Mr Morgan said that when Tulisa was a judge on X Factor he was living in Los Angeles and was not watching the show, which was not aired there.
It was put to him by Tulisa's counsel Simon Gledhill: "To suggest you don't have an interest in X Factor must be a complete lie."
He responded: "Why must that be a complete lie? There's a lot of celebrity things happening daily that I don't have any interest in."
Tulisa was ordered at Stratford Magistrates Court last year to pay a total of £3,020 after she was convicted of assault . This followed a trial at Chelmsford Magistrates Court.
The financial penalty consisted of a £2,700 contribution towards the cost of the prosecution, a £200 fine, £100 compensation to Mr Morgan and a £20 victim surcharge.
Tulisa's assistant, Gareth Varey, was cleared of using threatening behaviour during the incident, which occurred at V Festival in Chelmsford in the early hours of August 18 2013.
The prosecution case was that, when Mr Morgan was leaving the festival site, he found himself to be following Tulisa and her friends, including Mr Varey.
It was suggested that former Sugababes star Mutya Buena was with the group and called back to Mr Morgan to ask him to join them.
But Tulisa angrily told him to stop following her. She then raised her fists in the air and hit him in the face.
District Judge Angus Hamilton said at Stratford: "I am quite sure to the requisite standard of proof, based on my analysis of the evidence that I have heard, that Ms Contostavlos did strike Mr Morgan in the face during an argument and that that blow caused minor bruising and swelling.''
Mr Morgan has joined the cast of ITV2 series The Only Way Is Essex.