Get lippy with 10 of the best new season shades
Pucker up and get set to dazzle with our lipstick picks
New season fashion drops aren't the only reason to get excited for September - the autumn/winter make-up collections will be landing in stores too, bringing with them a boatload of lipsticks we think you're going to love.
Whether you're a glossy girl or an all-matte-everything type, there's a shade and shine level for you.
From barely-there buffs to uber-brights, we've rounded up the lippies vying for a place in your make-up bag - and your heart - this autumn.
1. Smashbox Be Legendary Triple Tone Lipstick Red Ombre, £17.50, smashbox.co.uk
Take the shortcut to an ombre lip with Smashbox's clever triple-stacked stick. The technique takes a bit of getting used to (you have to turn it upside down to do the lower lip) and you'll need a liner that matches the outermost shade to get a really clean outline, but the effect is gorgeous, and it's still a whole lot easier than painting on three separate colours.
2. Bourjois Rouge Velvet The Lipstick Rubik's Cute, £8.99, Boots (available September 1)
Matte liquid lipsticks can sometimes feel thick and caked on, but this new solid formula from Bourjois is lightweight without compromising on colour payoff. Love a blue-toned red? Rubik's Cute (see what they've done there?) is the hue to choose.
3. MAC Viva Glam Taraji P Henson 2 Lipstick, £16.50, maccosmetics.co.uk (available September 1)
The next iteration of the link-up between MAC and the American actress and writer brings us a gorgeous golden-mahogany lipstick with a subtle metallic sheen.
4. Nars Audacious Lipstick Louise, £25, narscosmetics.co.uk (available September 1)
New to the Audacious Lipstick line-up for autumn are six punchy and pigmented shades, including Louise, a deep opaque blackberry.
5. Ainsel Sarong Lipstick, £19.50, ainsel.com
New brand Ainsel wants you to forgo trends and find your perfect make-up staples instead, which is why its eight inaugural lipsticks are all classic shades, like Sarong, an uber-bright red with orange undertones.
6. RMK Irresistible Glow Lipstick Sheer Beige, £22, Selfridges
Part of a collaboration with Japanese designer Taro Horiuchi to mark the brand's 20th anniversary, this light, pearly-coral gloss is a real complexion-lifter.
7. Too Faced Melted Latex Liquified Lipstick Safe Word, £19, Debenhams
If it's shine you're after, it doesn't get much glossier than this. Too Faced's wet-look latex lippie comes in 16 succulent shades. We love the Barbie pink Safe Word.
8. Pur Cosmetics Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick Oh Bae, £16, FeelUnique.com
Pur's latest matte lipstick range comes in a palette that's on the more muted side, but the formula is still highly pigmented and long-lasting. Pinkish-brown Oh Bae is our new daytime favourite.
9. Mary Kay Gel Semi-Shine Lipstick Naturally Buff, £14, marykay.co.uk
Imparting a subtle sheen rather than all-out dazzle, Mary Kay's Semi-Shine lipsticks come in 12 pinky shades, ideal if you want that 'your lips but better' vibe.
10. Glamglow Plumprageous Metallic Lip Plumper Treatment Suggestive, £18, FeelUnique.com
With plumping properties and a metallic finish, Glamglow's new liquid lippie promises a Kylie Jenner-level pout - and it really delivers. Choose from Lusty, a pale rose gold or Suggestive, a deep copper brown.