Making a chowder might sound difficult but it’s really very simple and can be whipped up in under half an hour using Sarah’s fool-proof recipe, some fresh fish and some store cupboard staples.
- 50g butter
- 1 onion
- 100g chorizo
- 1 large potato
- 500ml chicken stock
- 250g cod
- Small tin of sweetcorn
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Bunch of spring onions
- Melt butter in pan.
- Chop onion finely and add to the melted butter.
- Chop up chorizo into small cubes and add to pan, cooking for 5 minutes.
- Chop potato into small cubes and add to pan along with 500ml of chicken stuck.
- Place the cod on top of chowder, cover with a lid and allow to poach for 15 minutes.
- Drain the sweetcorn and stir into the chowder, breaking up the cod to distribute evenly.
- Add double cream and give a final stir.
- Serve garnished with chopped spring onion.
Is this recipe new to your family? Got your own take on chowder that you’d like to share? Get in touch by visiting the Belfast Telegraph Facebook and Twitter pages!