Serve this delicious burger with sweet potato wedges and a crunchy salad to fill up hungry tums. Why not marinade your chicken the night before to save time and enhance the flavour?
- 4 chicken fillets
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 burger buns
- Tomato puree
- Tikka Masala curry paste
- Natural yoghurt
- Mango chutney
- Olive oil
Prepare your chicken!
- Add two tbsp of tomato puree, 2 tbsp of tikka curry paste and 2 tbsp of natural yoghurt to a bowl and mix well to form a paste.
- Place chicken fillets in an ovenproof dish and cover with the marinade, using your hands to ensure all the chicken is coated.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours (though 24 hours marinating will make them even more delicious).
- Slice your sweet potatoes into wedges and place on a baking tray.
- Drizzle on 3 tablespoons of olive oil, add a pinch of salt and use your hands to coat all the wedges.
- Cook the wedges for 45 – 60 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees.
- Remove the cling film from your chicken, cover dish with foil and cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve each fillet in a burger bun topped with mango chutney and natural yoghurt to taste.
- Prepare a tasty side salad and serve up your meal!
Remember that salads are a great way to get tasty and colourful vegetables into your kids’ diets! Experiment with fruit like pineapple, grapes and apple, alongside more traditional tomatoes and leaves.
If you cook up our Chicken Tikka Burgers, let us know on the Bel Tel Facebook and Twitter pages!