Combining rich chorizo with onions, potatoes and fluffy eggs, this is a cheap and tasty dish which can be enjoyed hot or cold!
- 1 onion
- 100g chorizo
- 300g baby potatoes (cooked and cooled)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Heat your olive oil and add 1 sliced onion
- After 2 -3 minutes add the skinned, cubed chorizo to the onion
- Cook onion and chorizo together for 3 -4 minutes until chorizo has released its juices and the onion has softened
- Place half of the onion and chorizo on the bottom of your oven-proof dish, topping with half of the sliced baby potatoes
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all the onion and chorizo mixture and potatoes have been layered
- Whisk together 4 large eggs with a pinch of salt
- Pour the whisked egg mixture over the assembled frittata until all the filling is coated
- Cook in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes until the top is golden brown
Pack up with a green salad for an easy, delicious lunchbox treat!
Have you got a lunchbox recipe that cheers up your working day? Share your recipes with us on the Bel Tel Facebook or Twitter pages!