A bouquet of red roses is a classic Valentine's Day gift, and with very good reason - the fragrant blooms have been associated with Aphrodite, the goddess of love, since ancient Greek times.
Present your other half with a bountiful array on February 14 and they're sure to be impressed, but the one downside of freshly cut stems is that within days, they've wilted and taken their evocative aroma with them.
Luckily for us, the quintessential Queen of Flowers scent has been captured by beauty boffins and bottled in the form of perfumes and pampering products that will last long after your floral arrangement has faded. And this year, there's a bumper crop of limited-edition releases and new collections to choose from.
From little treats to lavish luxuries, here are a dozen rose-infused gift ideas to delight your Valentine ...
1. Lush With Love set: Ro's Argan Body Conditioner & Tender Is The Night Shower Cream, £12.95
2. Marks & Spencer Floral Collection Rose Toiletry Bag, £16
3. Korres Limited Edition Roses are Red Collection, £18, FeelUnique
4. Ted Baker Blush Bouquet Cosmetic Gift Bag, £24, Boots
5. Sanctuary Spa White Lily & Damask Rose Body Scrub, £6.50, and Body Butter, £11, Boots
7. Giorgio Armani Si Passione Eau de Parfum, £49 for 30ml, Boots
8. Lancome La Nuit Tresor A La Folie Eau de Toilette, £51 for 30ml, The Perfume Shop
9. By Terry Baume de Rose Body Scrub, £54, Space NK
11. Jurlique Limited Edition Rose Body Oil, £58
12. Jo Malone London Valentine's Day Floral Box with Red Roses Cologne, £140