How to make the perfect Christmas dinner gravy
While every household does Christmas dinner a little differently, we can all agree on one thing - no festive feast is complete without lashings of gravy.
We've teamed up with Belfast Cookery School to show you how to make this crowd-pleasing Christmas gravy.
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 rashers smoked bacon
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs of sage
- 1 Star Anise
- 60ml port
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp cranberry saucepan
- 5 chicken wings
- 2lbs turkey juice/stock
1. In a large pot add rapeseed oil, when hot add chicken wings and cook until golden brown.
2. Add chopped vegetables and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add bacon, herbs and star anise and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Bash with rolling pin or potato masher to release flavour. Add port and gradually add flour then pour in stock. Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened and reduced stirring occasionally.
4. When gravy is the consistency of your liking pass through sieve pushing through with back of spoon.
5. Add cranberry sauce and season to your liking.
Belfast Telegraph Digital