Here Comes The Summer: Chicken Tikka Burgers from the Little Pink Kitchen
A simple chicken breast can be transformed into a delicious sweet and spicy mid-week meal, packed with Summer flavours that all the family will enjoy again and again!
Serve this delicious burger with sweet potato wedges and a crunchy salad to fill up hungry tums. Why not marinade your chicken the night before to save time and enhance the flavour?
- 4 chicken fillets
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 burger buns
- Tomato puree
- Tikka Masala curry paste
- Natural yoghurt
- Mango chutney
- Olive oil
Prepare your chicken!
- Add two tbsp of tomato puree, 2 tbsp of tikka curry paste and 2 tbsp of natural yoghurt to a bowl and mix well to form a paste.
- Place chicken fillets in an ovenproof dish and cover with the marinade, using your hands to ensure all the chicken is coated.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours (though 24 hours marinating will make them even more delicious).
- Slice your sweet potatoes into wedges and place on a baking tray.
- Drizzle on 3 tablespoons of olive oil, add a pinch of salt and use your hands to coat all the wedges.
- Cook the wedges for 45 – 60 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees.
- Remove the cling film from your chicken, cover dish with foil and cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve each fillet in a burger bun topped with mango chutney and natural yoghurt to taste.
- Prepare a tasty side salad and serve up your meal!
Remember that salads are a great way to get tasty and colourful vegetables into your kids’ diets! Experiment with fruit like pineapple, grapes and apple, alongside more traditional tomatoes and leaves.
Belfast Telegraph Digital