Midweek Meals Made Easy with Lidl: Turkey Satay Skewers
Make up a yummy help-yourself platter for dinner with these delicious Turkey Satay Skewers!
Back to school means a return to the routine of busy days, extracurricular activities and wails of 'how long till dinner?' come 6pm. But there's no need to get stressed out in the kitchen, or, worse still, to make the same thing for dinner over and over again in panic.
Instead, stock up on some handy store cupboard staples from Lidl with your fantastic “£5 Off” Back to School voucher (available on Saturday 22 and 29 August in the Belfast Telegraph), and try these delicious, family-friendly recipes from Ian Orr to get the new school year off to a great start. Simply pick up a few items for the cupboards while you're buying your usual fresh produce, sketch out a quick meal plan and then breathe easy all week!
Turkey Satay Skewers
Prep & Cooking Time 30 minutes
- 400g Bally Manor turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp of Kania curry powder
- 1tsp of Kilderg honey
- 1 medium red chilli, diced
- 2tsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 2tbsp McEnnedy peanut butter
- 2tsp Vitasia soy sauce
- 150ml Vitasia coconut milk
- 1 lime
- Bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water
- Mix ginger, garlic, curry powder, honey and rub over the turkey, and season with salt and pepper. Leave for 20 minutes to marinade, then skewer the turkey pieces onto the bamboo sticks.
- For the sauce, mix the diced chilli, peanut butter, soy sauce and coconut milk together in a pot and simmer until thick. Finish the sauce with a squeeze of lime juice and some diced coriander.
- Cook the turkey satay skewers on a BBQ or grill until fully cooked through, turning each skewer several times. Scatter chopped peanuts and coriander leaves over the skewers and serve with the satay sauce, steamed rice, Rowan Hill pitta bread and a zesty Asian-style side salad. Yum!
Belfast Telegraph Digital