Belfast Telegraph

How can I prove that I'm not like his ex

Fiona Caine is here to help if you have a relationship, sexual, marriage or family problem.

I am a student and have left home to go to college. I couldn’t get hostel accommodation so the college placed me with a really nice family who have a son a couple of years older than me.

He doesn’t live at home but visits regularly and the problem is I think I have fallen in love with him.

He is much more attractive than all the guys at my college and I’m pretty sure he likes me too.

His mum told me that he hasn’t taken a girl out in ages after being hurt badly by his ex-girlfriend. How can I prove to him I am different? AD


You say his mum says he was “badly hurt” by his ex-girlfriend but what, for him, means being “badly hurt”?

If it is the case that the girl went off him or that their relationship came to an end, then you can't prove you are any different.

All you can do is continue to be pleasant but at the same time, make a social life for yourself with other people, even if they are not from college.

Hanging around waiting for him to pluck up his courage will make you look desperate and that's never attractive.

Belfast Telegraph


From Belfast Telegraph