Belfast Telegraph

I need help with violent outbursts towards girlfriend

Fiona Caine is here to help if you have a relationship, sexual, marriage or family problem.

My girlfriend and I got on really well together until last Christmas.

Then, for some reason I can’t explain, I started to get violent with her — usually after I’ve had a drink or two.

It has happened several times now and people have noticed that she’s bruised all the time.

She has covered for me but I don’t know if she will for much longer.

I do love her and I don't want to lose her but I can’t seem to stop myself.

What do you think we should do? RI


You've got a big problem and although it's good that you're aware of it, had your girlfriend written to me, I would have advised her to leave you right away.

Before someone else gives her the same advice, do something about it.

For a start, stop drinking if that's the trigger. Then get help from a counsellor to find out why you feel a need to express yourself in this way.

Don't wait until it's too late — seek help from a counseller now, before you really hurt her.

Belfast Telegraph


From Belfast Telegraph