10 ways to enjoy top class entertainment in Omagh
Revel in the buzz of Omagh’s Main Street for an unforgettable night on the town in Co Tyrone.
Take to the streets to enjoy lively entertainment and choose between a great selection of hotels and local eateries.
Here's 9 ways to enjoy the top class entertainment:
1. Begin your stay by checking in to Rooms at Rue, a luxurious four-star boutique accommodation located at the heart of Omagh town centre.
This stylish establishment opened in May 2017 and offers 13 beautifully decorated en-suite bedrooms that are perfectly situated for a great night out on its doorstep.
2. You will find Rooms at Rue directly above Rue restaurant, where you can enjoy a delicious meal to get your evening off to a fantastic start. With bohemian-style interiors, the restaurant is inspired by the glamour and eclectic atmosphere of New Orleans and is renowned for its mouth-watering food and warm hospitality.
Their extensive menu offers traditional favourites with a twist and there is something to suit all tastes, with many gluten free and vegetarian dishes available.
3. Now that your appetite is settled with delicious food, plan your next move and choose between a lively traditional theme or the quintessential nightclub experience - Omagh’s Main Street has it all.
From Rue, head right next door to Sean Og’s rustic, thatched cottage pub which sits amidst the hustle and bustle of Main Street. Step back in time and relax by the blazing turf fire with a speciality whiskey or pint. Sean Og’s also has live traditional music sessions every weekend, so you can ease yourself into your night on the town with some toe-tapping in this cosy time machine.
4. Carry on to the nearby Ostlers Arms nestled in the corner of Main Street square which offers a similar vibe, with a buoyant atmosphere epitomising good times. Here you can have a cold drink while enjoying even more live music and great craic.
5. Don’t miss out by staying indoors though, head out of the pub as more entertainment is on offer at the famous outdoor Main Street Stage - a unique experience as the atmosphere of the nearby bars spills out on to the streets. Enjoy the best of local talent in the social heart of Omagh.
6. If clubbing is more your thing, head to Mantis for a late night of high-energy fun. The luxurious décor evokes an air of sophistication and you can dance the night away on the dancefloor. On nights at the weekend, you can book one of their ‘Very Special Areas’ to avoid queues at the bar and fully enjoy your night of indulgence.
7. You’ll be happy to know that after truly letting your hair down, you can kick off your dancing shoes and sink into your cosy bed at Rooms at Rue, just two minutes away from the vibrant streets below. Give your feet a break and sleep soundly before refuelling with a freshy cooked breakfast in the morning. After a night of entertainment, catch some last-minute culture at one of the nearby attractions such as the Ulster American Folk Park. Return home rejuvenated and eager to visit again.
8. Over 30 years Sally’s of Omagh has built a reputation for excellence in food, drink and live entertainment. With its sleek and stylish surroundings, Sally’s is perfect for great food in a relaxed atmosphere. It also boasts a premium nightclub experience spread over two floors, with DJs every Saturday night.
9. Take a short drive out to The Linen Green, an exciting shopping complex just outside Dungannon with a unique choice of quality shops and designer brands that you won’t find on the High Street. Browse through The Boudoir and Storey or stop for something to eat at The Loft.
10. Take a drive through the Gortin Glens Forest Park, six miles north of Omagh and marvel at the magnificent scenery. There is a five mile drive through the forest offering breathtaking views, or alternatively a range of waymarked trails provide an opportunity to see the stunning surroundings up close.
To plan your short break and see more of what Co Tyrone has to offer visit www.discovernorthernireland.com.
Belfast Telegraph Digital