Father appeals to teen jihadist to come home to UK
The father of a British teenager who is thought to be fighting with Islamist rebels in Syria has spoken of his "limitless grief" and begged his son to come home.
Rahim Kalantar believes his son Ali (18) is one of hundreds of British youths who have joined the Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (Isis) group.
Mr Kalantar, who is of Afghan origin, said that he fears his son may die fighting, kill innocent people or cause trouble if he returns to the UK.
Addressing his son, he said: "You are my son. When you return I will be beside you everywhere and all the time. I won't let others harm you, whether's it's in the UK or anywhere else. Just come back. Return and put an end to the grief of your father, mother and sisters."
Ali, who previously tried to be a model and planned to study computer science, is believed to have gone to Syria in March.
He asked his parents for his passport, claiming he needed it for university papers, and borrowed £1,000 from a brother, saying it was for a computer.
Mr Kalantar's plea for his son to return comes after a third British man was identified in a polished Isis recruitment video calling for Muslims in the West to join the fight.
Abdul Raqib Amin, who was brought up in Aberdeen, is said to appear in the video with Nasser Muthana and Reyaad Khan, both from Cardiff.
He is identified as 'Brother Abu Bara' al Hindi' in the online video which emerged last week.
Raqib was educated in Aberdeen after moving from Bangladesh and his family left the Scottish city a couple of years ago, according to reports.
The father of Nasser Muthana said his son had "betrayed" his country. Ahmed Muthana believes his other son, 17-year-old Aseel, is also in the Middle East and said they were "brainwashed" in the UK.
Internet video-streaming sites such as YouTube are being pressed to take down the film by the Government.
A No 10 spokeswoman said the Government had already succeeded in removing 15,000 pieces of extremist material from the internet since December.
* At least 1,075 people have been killed in Iraq during June, most of them civilians, according to UN human rights monitors.
At least 757 civilians were killed and 599 injured in Nineveh, Diyala and Salah al-Din provinces from June 5 to 22, the UN team in Iraq said.