Fox attack family set for first TV interview
The parents whose sleeping baby twins were attacked by a fox say it was probably a “freak occurrence” but they are still too frightened to leave doors and windows open.
In a television interview Pauline and Nick Koupparis describe flesh falling off nine-month-old Isabella's arm as if “it had been through a cheese grater” and Lola's face covered in blood after the attack.
The couple gave their first detailed interview about the attack as part of a documentary, The Fox Attack Twins, which will be shown on BBC One tonight.
They said they agreed to be filmed by Leopard Films, of which Mr Koupparis is head of finance, to make sure people knew the truth.
Some people openly doubted the couple's story about how the twins came to be injured.
And Northern Ireland-born Mrs Koupparis describes her distress at receiving Facebook messages accusing her of lying.
The couple, who also have a five-year-old son Max, say they have not owned a pet cat or dog for almost five years and did not encourage foxes to visit their east London garden.
Mr and Mrs Koupparis say they put the twins in their separate cots upstairs after having a barbecue supper on June 5.
Just before 10pm they heard one of the twins crying through the baby monitor.
Mrs Koupparis went upstairs and found the twins bleeding and a fox at the end of Lola's cot.
The couple said the animal stood its ground and only ran off when Mr Koupparis threw something at it.
The Fox Attack Twins: A BBC One Special will be broadcast at 7pm tonight.