The organisers of the Irish Open have backed the owners of a luxury Co Antrim hotel after two staff members tested positive for Covid-19 just weeks before some of the world's top golfers are due to stay.
algorm Spa & Golf Resort also sought to reassure customers on Thursday after members of the public expressed concern over safety measures.
A European Tour spokesperson said: "We are in regular dialogue with Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort.
"We are fully satisfied with the safety procedures the venue has in place and the measures they have taken."
A person, who claimed to be a friend of one of the staff members who tested positive, contacted the Belfast Telegraph on Thursday to question why the resort had not closed immediately.
A statement posted on its Facebook page on Thursday maintained that all proper safety protocols were being followed.
"We appreciate that you may have concerns," it said.
"However, Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort would like to reassure everyone that the health and safety of our team and guests remains paramount and that as a result of our own robust testing measures we identified two positive asymptomatic Covid-19 cases within our team."
Both workers were said to be back-of-house and had no contact with guests, are continuing to self-isolate at home in line with company policy, and will be retested prior to their return.
Testing has been carried out to date on almost 300 staff, with random testing to continue as part of a full suite of safety measures already established.
The statement added: "We remain in contact with local government bodies and the Public Health Agency, who have been fully briefed on all our stringent hygiene procedures and who remain confident in the measures we have in place.
"The Contact Tracing Service (StopCOVID NI), which we fully support, advises that we should not contact customers directly, this will be carried out by trained contact tracers if necessary.
"Our industry-leading safety measures continue to put the health and safety of all our guests and team members first and we have recently adopted additional, enhanced measures throughout the resort for further reassurance."
The Northern Ireland Open is also to be played at Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort between September 3-6, two weeks before the Irish Open.
The Dubai Duty Free Irish Open was originally planned for the Mount Juliet course in Kilkenny in May. But it was postponed due to the pandemic.
Restrictions from the Irish Government would have required US visitors to self-isolate for 14 days.
Last week it was announced the tournament would instead take place behind closed doors at Galgorm Castle near Ballymena.
This allows players to head directly to a UK airport, including those who will have competed in the US Open, which ends on September 13.
Despite the new arrangements local golfing star Rory McIlroy has already ruled himself out, saying he had no plans to travel internationally in the coming months.
The 31-year-old added: "It might be different if there could be fans there and stuff, but it's behind closed doors and it's not an Irish Open like we're used to it being the last few years, with obviously big prize funds and everything.
"But not even that, it's just the fact that I just want to spend time at home and not travel too much the next few months."