Two Northern Ireland couples have spoken of their hopes that their dream weddings will now be able to go ahead this summer after Stormont announced that small outdoor marriage ceremonies may be permitted from next month.
Arlene Foster and Michelle O'Neill confirmed on Thursday that the Executive would make a final call on the latest measures when it meets on June 4.
The proposed easing of lockdown is dependent on the R rate staying below one.
If it does, the measures will come into place four days later on June 8.
It means good news for many couples whose wedding plans have been left up in the air.
They include Australian bride-to-be Ellen Fitzgerald, who is planning to marry Co Antrim man Sean Tohill on July 3.
Ellen (28) moved here in January 2019 after meeting Moneyglass native Sean on a night out in her home city of Melbourne two years earlier.
Since then Ellen and Sean have been living with his parents Eileen and Harry.
Within weeks the couple were planning their big day and set their hearts on tying the knot in front of 150 family and friends at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Moneyglass, followed by a reception at the Wild Duck Inn in Portglenone.
The Executive's latest proposed lifting of measures permits small marriage and civil ceremonies attended by no more than 10 people to be held outside.
Hotels could also start taking advance bookings but this would be "at risk" as no date for them to safely reopen has been set.
Following this week's announcement, Ellen and Sean say they are feeling a bit more optimistic about their plans.
"We don't want to get too excited yet in case it doesn't happen but things are definitely looking a bit better," Ellen said.
"There's a grotto at the chapel that we could get married at so we hope that will be allowed to happen."
But the restricted numbers mean that only Sean's immediate family and his best man will be able to be present.
Now that we can actually picture the wedding being able to happen, it feels a bit realEllen Fitzgerald
Around 40 Australians were due to attend, including Ellen's parents, but she hopes they can still be part of the event despite being thousands of miles away.
"We'd like to be able to do a livestream of the ceremony for family and friends so they can watch back home. If we get married at 1pm Irish time, it will be 10pm there so they can still have a few drinks and celebrate with us," Ellen added.
"Now that we can actually picture the wedding being able to happen, it feels a bit real."
The couple have already got their visa to Australia and intend to move back there in September.
Separately, Donegal native Caitriona McBride (35) and her fiance Harry Rosbotham (34) from Belfast have already postponed their wedding in Londonderry from March 27 to August 8.
The couple met a few years ago at a mutual friend's party in Dublin and got engaged in January 2019.
With 180 guests invited, Caitriona hopes the restrictions will be eased further to allow the ceremony to go ahead as planned.
"We were lucky enough that our venue offered us a new date in August of this year and on a Saturday, too," she said.
"It also meant we had five months of breathing space to see if our guests could still come.
"The announcement this week by Stormont was good to see but for us it didn't have much impact.
"We would still like to get married as planned in church and then have our reception in the venue right beside it.
"While it is good to see some movement, there is no clarification around post-ceremony celebrations in terms of how many guests could go to the reception venue," Caitriona said.
"Like others, we will continue to play the waiting game."