The Chancellor has been urged to consider introducing financial support for the travel industry here after Spain was suddenly dropped off the air bridge safe list.
DUP MP Carla Lockhart said that she had written to Rishi Sunak in a bid to have the negative impact of the move on travel agents mitigated.
Holidaymakers in resorts across Spain were thrown into panic at the weekend after being told at late notice that they now face 14 days of self-isolation after returning home.
There are fears the move will put off families and employees who are unable to work at home from booking holidays during the rest of the summer.
On Monday evening the Balearic and Canary Islands were added to the list of areas where all non-essential travel should be avoided.
The move comes after Downing Street warned "no travel is risk-free".
A spokesman for the Prime Minister said decisions on border measures and travel advice "can be changed rapidly if necessary to help stop the spread of the disease".
Ms Lockhart said she had been contacted by travel agents in her constituency who expressed fears about the impact on business.
"Each holiday or work-related trip can represent a booking with an airline, accommodation reservations, car hire, train tickets as well as attraction tickets," said the Upper Bann DUP MP.
"Many of these will be booked using travel agents who handle the entire booking process.
"The consequence of the quarantine period on those returning from certain countries will have a significant negative impact on employers, and also travel agents who locally sustain hundreds of jobs.
"Already today I have spoken with travel agents in my own area who fear for the future of their businesses. We need Her Majesty's Government to recognise this.
"Whilst many travel agents will have already availed of the Job Retention Scheme as well as other Treasury and NI Executive reliefs, additional Treasury support will need to be considered if these businesses are to survive."
The Executive has indicated that it is looking at ways it can support employees who are required to self-isolate and cannot work from home.
Health Minister Robin Swann said the Department for the Economy is engaging with employers to make sure there is flexible support for those in quarantine, and is also talking with travel insurers.
He said the Department of Finance is exploring whether the furlough scheme can be used to compensate those employees affected, while the Executive Office is updating advice on NI Direct.
Mr Swann said his decision to drop Spain was supported by the Executive and had been based on detailed scientific information.
Heather Fielding, who sits on the Association of British Travel Agents' Council of Regions for NI, told the Belfast Telegraph the development had hit the industry just as it was beginning to rebound from the pandemic.
"We were seeing 'green shoots' in that people were thinking about travel, looking forward to travel again, so that's put it on the back-burner for a while," she said.
"What we were hoping for was a resurgence at the end of the summer, and that's probably not going to happen now, unless things can be changed pretty rapidly.
"The travel industry makes its money through the busy summer period.
"Our quieter periods are October, November and December, with January getting busy again with bookings. So we've lost that summer business."
Ms Fielding, managing director of Gallagher Travel, insisted the move had ensured the industry as a whole was facing an uncertain and difficult period.
"There were businesses that were hoping to bring staff back, which may have to have them off longer or may have to make a difficult decision about what they do," she said.
"It's going to be a difficult few months. It it going to be a testing time for companies. The industry is struggling, there's no doubt about that, and this doesn't help."
Some travellers arriving from Spain criticised the sudden announcement and expressed concern about the potential impact on their employment.
Edith Mikutenaite and Aleksanda Sabalina, from Newtownabbey, Co Antrim, were among those who returned from Barcelona to Belfast International Airport on Monday.
They described the news of having to quarantine following a three-night trip as "horrible", insisting it had "ruined the whole holiday".
"We did not expect that at all," said Ms Sabalina.
"We thought the announcement would be made on Monday, or at least some sort of notice for people who had already left without knowing there was going to be a quarantine, to ensure they had any work issues sorted out."
Meanwhile easyJet, which currently runs flights to Spain, said it will continue to operate its full schedule while monitoring the situation closely.
On Monday the Department of Health announced that 21 more positive cases of coronavirus had been detected here, bringing the total to 5,912.
No new deaths were recorded, leaving the departmental total at 556.