10 ways to say a big thank you
1. It's something of a dying art in this digital age, but one of the most special ways of saying thank you is putting pen to paper and writing a heartfelt letter or card.
2. Say it with flowers – send someone a beautiful floral bouquet to show your gratitude.
3. Show your appreciation in public with a champagne toast.
4. A picture tells a thousand words – take a photograph of your face expressing thanks and attach it with a note.
5. Time can be the most important gift of all – so give up yours to spend time with the person you wish to say thank you to.
6. Reciprocate a favour with a similar offering of help.
7. Sometimes a big warm hug can be enough to say thanks.
8. Say thank you with a personalised gift that you know will mean something, like a book of poetry or a meal out.
9. Make a financial donation to the person's favourite charity.
10. Take to social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter to make your thanks public.