Belfast Telegraph

Aerosol blows out window after being left on stove in Lurgan

A small explosion caused by an aerosol left on a stove has blown out a window in Lurgan.

The incident happened after the stove was accidentally turned on.

Writing on PSNI Craigavon Facebook page, a spokesperson said: "When they talk about "The Lynx Effect", I'm pretty sure this isn't what they meant.

"Please be careful at home. When dealing with gas, candles, lighters...indeed anything that can spark in any way, always check that it is safe to light anything before doing so. This could have been a lot worse, but thankfully isn't."

Belfast Telegraph Digital

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.


From Belfast Telegraph