Alleged rapist is released on bail
A 56-year-old man from Londonderry has appeared before the city's Magistrates Court charged with raping a woman last year.
The defendant is alleged to have raped the women on September 4 and September 5.
Reporting restrictions were imposed in the case after a prosecution solicitor told District Judge Barney McElholm that the complainant was a vulnerable woman who at the time of the alleged offences was in a relationship with the defendant.
The solicitor said it was a complex case and she said additional forensic evidence was still outstanding.
The defendant was released on bail until June 12. As part of his bail conditions he must not contact the complainant nor any other witnesses in the case.
He has also been banned from entering the street where the alleged rapes occurred.