A fire at a city centre apartment which forced 80 residents from their homes in the early hours of Wednesday morning was accidental, the fire service has said.
The apartment block in Great Victoria Street was evacuated after the fire began in the first floor at around 2am. Two people were taken to hospital.
Eight fire appliances and 55 firefighters attended the incident.
A Fire Service spokesman said: "All 80 occupants were safely evacuated following extensive smoke spread. NIFRS worked alongside Northern Ireland Ambulance Service and Belfast City Council to relocate occupants to nearby community centre until the incident was dealt with".
The Northern Ireland Ambulance Service said the two people taken to hospital were suffering from smoke inhalation.
The rescue operation involved a search of six floors amid thick smoke.
In an update on Wednesday, the Fire Service said it was accidental, although did not elaborate further.