Belfast Telegraph

Belfast mum stabbed man and pushed another off roof, court told

By Alan Erwin

A mother accused of attacking a woman at a house party allegedly told police she should have "ripped her eyeball out", the High Court has heard.

Lindsey O'Toole also stabbed one man and pushed another from a first floor window at the address near her west Belfast home, prosecutors claimed.

But granting bail to the 21-year-old, a judge said he had to consider her young daughter's well-being.

O'Toole, of Brians Well Grove in the Dunmurry area, is charged with two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, possessing an offensive weapon and common assault.

She was arrested after police were called to the scene in the early hours of June 27.

Robin Steer, prosecuting, said one man told officers he had been punched in the mouth and then shoved from a window to the ground below.

Another man claimed he was stabbed in the thigh with a kitchen knife.

O'Toole was further alleged to have attacked a neighbour, splitting her eyelid.

She claimed to have lifted the knife in self-defence after being approached by two men, the court heard.

Mr Steer revealed that while in custody O'Toole allegedly stated: "It took all of them to get me."

According to the QC, on being informed about the woman's facial cut, she replied: "Good, I should have ripped her eyeball out and shoved it up her a***.

"She's going to need a new eyeball."

During the hearing O'Toole, appearing by video-link from custody, protested that she was still drunk when the statements were made to police.

But referring to the stab victim, Mr Steer said she was said to have "felt the knife go into him".

O'Toole then allegedly told of pushing the other man off a slanted roof when he followed her out a bedroom window.

Defence counsel Damien Halleron argued that his client should be granted bail to be with her four-year-old child.

He added that O'Toole's father was prepared to stay with her and act as a surety.

Ruling that the accused can get out of custody, Mr Justice Colton imposed a night-time curfew and alcohol prohibition. The judge also banned her from contact with any of the alleged victims.

Belfast Telegraph


From Belfast Telegraph