The Sydenham Bypass is to partially close for a major roads work scheme.
The work on the countrybound lanes of the dual carriageway between Dee Street and George Best Belfast City Airport will begin on Friday and take place over three weekends.
The work is to cost £400,000.
Roads minister Nichola Mallon said: "The Sydenham Bypass is a very busy and vital part of the road network. This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road and will serve the travelling public for many years to come.”
The Department for Infrastructure said the work had been carefully planned to minimise disruption, however delays could be expected and those travelling to the airport advised to allow extra time for their journey and follow the alternative routes which will be sign-posted on approaches to the closure.
The countrybound lanes of the road will be closed from 11pm on Friday March 6 until 4.30am on Monday, March 9. The lanes will again close for the same period on the weekends of March 13 to 16 and March 20 to 23.
The work, however is weather dependent and any change to the schedule will be communicated to the public.