Buildings evacuated and roads shut due to gas leak in Belfast city centre
Buildings were evacuated in Belfast city centre at rush hour on Wednesday because of a gas leak.
Phoenix Gas was called out to repair the leak at the old Shaftesbury Hospital, as emergency services evacuated residents and workers from nearby properties.
Dublin Road and Great Victoria Street were shut, from Shaftesbury Square to Ventry Street, causing traffic delays to workers trying to leave the city.
The alarm was raised at about 3.45pm on Wednesday and six fire engines were at the scene until the roads could be reopened at about 5.45pm.
Belfast Telegraph Digital