An Irish League football star charged with taking and distributing an indecent image of a child is mounting a legal challenge, a court was told.
Cliftonville striker Jay Donnelly's lawyer confirmed judicial review proceedings have commenced in connection with the case.
No further details about the issue under challenge were disclosed.
Donnelly, of Ardilea Drive in the Ardoyne area of Belfast, is accused of two offences.
The 23-year-old allegedly took an indecent photograph of a child on June 28, 2016.
A second charge involves distributing or showing the image between that date and October 25 the same year.
Donnelly has continued to appear regularly for the north Belfast club since the allegations emerged.
He did not attend the city's Magistrates Court for the latest progress report on the case.
Proceedings were previously adjourned amid correspondence between Public Prosecution Service and defence lawyers.
Updating the court today, Donnelly's solicitor said: "Judicial review proceedings have been initiated in this matter.
"The prosecution can't proceed until they are resolved."
Based on that information the judge agreed to a further four-week adjournment.