Belfast Telegraph

Co Antrim house fire woman dies from her burns

By Chris Kilpatrick

A woman has died as a result of serious burns after a house fire in Co Antrim.

The 49-year-old, whose name has not yet been released by police, died yesterday.

Emergency services were called to a house on the Glenavy Road in Lisburn on Tuesday morning.

The woman was admitted to hospital for treatment for her injuries. A 48-year-old man was also taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.

Police said they are investigating the circumstances of the fire.

Mayor of Lisburn Margaret Tolerton said: "I was shocked to hear that a lady from the Glenavy Road had received severe burns to her upper body and a man with her had badly burnt hands.

"It is tragic news that this local lady after undergoing this ordeal and subsequent surgery on Tuesday has died.

"My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time as they try and come to terms with the loss of their loved one in such heart-breaking circumstances."

She urged anyone with information to contact the PSNI.

Belfast Telegraph


From Belfast Telegraph