Belfast Telegraph

Cookstown husband of fumes leak tragedy woman stable

By Allan Preston

The family of a Cookstown woman who died of carbon monoxide poisoning have paid tribute to a loving mother and grandmother.

Susan Henry, who was in her 60s, died in her Drum Road home.

Her husband Desmond and one of her daughters were at home at the time and were taken to hospital.

Mr Henry remains in a stable condition in Craigavon Area Hospital.

A family notice described Mrs Henry as the dearly loved wife of Desmond, much loved mother of Olive, Hester, Thomas and Susan.

She was also described as a devoted grandmother of three, and is survived by two siblings. Her twin brother John and brother Kenneth had passed away.

The family have said the house is strictly private and funeral arrangements are yet to be announced.

Neighbours said on Tuesday they had been left stunned by Mrs Henry's death.

They said that she had suffered from poor health in recent years, including breathing difficulties.

One woman told the Belfast Telegraph: "There was so much noise with the emergency services arriving.

"I thought it had been a fire at first but my nephew saw them take a window out and we started to realise it might be a gas leak.

"She had a lovely family and it's so sad to hear, we would have seen her out about all the time with her dog."

Safety advice about carbon monoxide in the home is available at www.hseni.gov.uk/watchout or by calling 080 0032 0121.

Belfast Telegraph

Daily News Headlines Newsletter

Today's news headlines, directly to your inbox.

Popular

From Belfast Telegraph